FEES, ENROLMENT & REFUNDS
1. IN THE EVENT OF A STUDENT FAILING TO ATTEND THE CONFIRMED COURSE OR COMPLETE THE COURSE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT THE COURSE IS CANCELLED BY THE SCHOOL, (FOR EXAMPLE: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A VISA ETC.) NO REFUNDS OF FEES WILL BE MADE AND NO ENTITLEMENT TO A LATER-DATE COURSE WILL BE GAINED
2. All bookings can be only made via our website and a full fee has to be paid at the moment of booking.
3. Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without at least 2 weeks’ written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. There will be an administration fee of 10% for any changes of the dates requested by the student.
4. All fees quoted attract and are including VAT (UK GOVERNMENT TAX) at the current rate. All fees must be received by the School without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students.
5. A STUDENT IS ACCEPTED FOR ENROLMENT ON AND SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONS THAT THE STUDENT WILL ATTEND ON THE DATE (THE COMMENCEMENT DATE) AND AT THE TIME SPECIFIED IN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHICH WILL BE SENT AUTOMATICALLY BY THE SYSTEM TO THE STUDENT UPON RECEIPT OF THE COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION WITH THE FULL PAYMENT.
6. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
7. Students and their applications will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
8. Course fees and other payments are non-transferable.
HOURS, ATTENDANCE & ACHIEVEMENT
9. STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON THE DAY AND TIME OF THEIR COURSE STATED ON THEIR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. FAILURE TO ATTEND THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR COURSE WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM ATTENDING ANY FURTHER PART OF THAT COURSE, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID OR OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE START DATE OR COURSE.
10. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all Students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the School’s Director without prior notice.
11. The School will be closed on all
12. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the awarding body. The decision of the Education Director is final in all cases.
13. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays and planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
14. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
15. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Education Director who also reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. His/her decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
16. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason. It is in the Student’s interest to turn up for the arranged day.
17. All courses and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
18. Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending an Open Beauty Learning Programme course.
19. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student.
20. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. The Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the Director shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
21. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.